July and August is the arrival time for Christmas fabrics and wools in the shop. Would you believe I chose them in January!! Many people start their Christmas makes from July onwards in order to be ready for the festive season, so we’re getting ready here at the Woolpatch.
So to kick us off we thought we’d have a few classes straight away in August! Now my friend Stuart (who I used to work when I was teaching) has broken up for the holidays, he’s going to come in to take a few workshops.
- Make a Christmas Stocking out of fat quarters
Monday 7th August 10am to 2pm. More details go to our calendar and find out more.
WOOLPATCH WEBSITE: Make A Christmas Stocking – Monday 7th August 10am to 2pm.
- Learn to make a ‘Suffolk Puff’ and then create a Christmas Tree Wall hanging.
This a real simple skill but looks amazing when complete. There are also many other ways of using the ‘Suffolk Puffs’. Just google the technique and see what others have made.
Tuesday 8th August 2pm to 4pm. More details go to our calendar and find out more.
WOOLPATCH WEBSITE: Make a Christmas ‘Suffolk Puff’ Tree Wall Hanging.
- Crochet Christmas Stars and Trees. Our last Christmas session of the week with Stuart. He’ll teach you to make a crochet Tree/Star.
Wednesday 9th August 2pm to 4pm.
UPCOMING CLASSES IN THE AUTUMN
- Make a Modern Christmas Tree Quilt using this wonderful pattern by Amy Smart ‘Diary of a Quilter’
- We’ll be having our own ‘Ugly Christmas Sweater Club’ using the block that was designed by Kerry Goulder last year.
Lots of classes in the pipeline for fabric, patchwork and sewing. For you knitters and Crocheters don’t worry, I’m still planning our knits for the Autumn Season!
Our Christmas fabric is starting to arrive in the shop and will be out on sale soon as I know many of you like to get started early with your Christmas makes!